The Road Home

The Road Home
There is no place like home.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Heavy Rain and the Herb Bed

I had started writing a post on our herb bed - it's purpose, how we established it and our progress, when storms and heavy rain hit our area. This was the result of those storms.


I had put down brown paper - the kind you use to cover windows when you paint - to help choke out the grass and weeds, then covered it with a thick layer of mulch.
 
Now most of the mulch is piled up against the back fence and around the stakes identifying the plants. I will have to wait until the ground dries out so I can get in there and put it back together before the grass and weeds take over again.

So....look for another post on the herb bed explaining what we are trying to accomplish ....after it is reconstructed.......


Well, today while Frank was watering the garden, I went to the herb bed to start moving some of the mulch back in place and pull a few weeds. I had my reading glasses propped up on my straw hat and they fell off somewhere along the way. When I realized it and went back to look, I was not very hopeful I would find them. I sent up a quick prayer for help. I had noticed a frog in the bed earlier and welcomed him and asked him to eat lots of bugs. After I had looked for the glasses for a while I noticed the frog again and asked him, "Do you know where my glasses are?" He hopped a few times toward the back fence and not far from him were my glasses. Now isn't that the neatest thing?

There are always things to do around the farm. Some you plan....and some you don't.

Until next time - Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment