The Road Home

The Road Home
There is no place like home.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My Salute

Hello Everybody, Frank here.

This is my salute to all the fine men and women that have served their country in the Armed Forces.


I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without your time, effort and sacrifice, we would not enjoy the riches that we have in this beautiful country.


You come from the finest stock, with a history and legacy that goes back to the beginning of mankind. Being an individual that will fight, and if necessary die, for what one believes in, is difficult to express with simple words. But you know that feeling. 


Mankind will continue to fight for what they believe in, and you never know when that fight is going to come to your door. Be prepared.


My earnest thanks from one veteran to another.

May God bless you and yours,

E-5 Frank
 

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for your service. I truly appreciate your sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank - i thank you very much for your service. i enjoy freedoms and a wonderful life because people like you served and protected our freedoms. thank you isn't a big enough statement.

    much love to you and Fern! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kymber. I read your blog today, and I thank you for your service also. For those of you that would like to read Kymber's post, here it is.

      http://framboisemanor.blogspot.com/2015/11/i-have-in-past-done-some-very-serious.html

      Frank

      Delete
  3. I thank you all! Freedom isn't free, it's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you back, Frank, from E-7 Pete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pete. Thank you for your service, your many years of service. May Peace be with you.

      Frank

      Delete
  5. From the looks of the cover I say Semper Fi Bro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I spent a short time in the Army and a short time in the Navy. Thank you again.

      Frank

      Delete
  6. I always tell people "Don't thank me! I had the time of my life, served with some of the finest people in the world, and got to go places and see and do things that most people only read about in books. And Uncle Sam not only paid for it, he paid me to do it! I got a helluva deal!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, R.S. You certainly have a different perspective than most. I guess it's all in how you look at things. My short time in the military was not always pleasant, but there are always good things to say about the experiences. I'm a retired educator and I always encouraged all capable males, and some females, to serve their country. Some did. I learned a great deal while in the military, and I learned some things that they just don't teach in public universities. Thank you for your service and your comment. Take care.

      Frank

      Delete
  7. Hi Frank, Thanks for your time in service and what you did, as well as all the other Vets in the USA. I left after 20+ years, as an E9, and except for a few bad days now and then and a few deployments, I had a hell of a career. 7 months in Antarctica in winter, 4 years in Naples, 2 1/2 as second wrench on COMAFSE's R4Y-5Z, two tours in Brunswick Me. as a SERE instructor, A few Carrier vacations and one absolute disaster of sea duty tour on a 2250 class tin-can with the infamous DASH helo's. But all in all a very satisfying sojourn with the USN!

    ReplyDelete